Citi, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
Corporate Communications / Public Affairs Officer (PAO)-14017065
A Public Affairs officer’s (PAO) principal role is to manage/protect Citi’s image and reputation with key internal/external stakeholders including local/international media, local communities, partners/ Non-Profit Organizations, clients and Citi staff.
The role of the PAO is franchise-wide, representing all businesses operating in the country whilst presenting a single and powerful voice for the company. The PAO supports the country CCO (Citi Country Officer) in preserving and enhancing the bank's image and reputation in the marketplace, and provides the businesses with strategic and focused communications counsel in support of their growth objectives. The functional areas typically covered by the PAO include media relations; internal communications; community affairs including charitable grants, NGO relationship management and employee volunteering; branding; advertising and coordination of events and sponsorships.
Carry out a comprehensive country communications plan, as agreed with the Head of Africa Public Affairs - including (but not limited to):
• Developing a comprehensive media relations strategy, and executing
• Driving Citi Foundation projects and programs locally
• Joint press conferences/release with community partners
• Intranet website and internal staff messages/newsletters
• Client Events and Conference Participations
• Lead social media activities from a Public Affairs perspective in country
Manage Citi's perception in the media to ensure the bank is portrayed favorably, or at an absolute minimum, fairly. Ensure proper adherence by all staff to Citi’s media policies
• Develop a comprehensive media relations strategy, including setting clear objectives, developing a strategy to achieve those objectives and tactics to implement the strategy
• Identify key spokespeople within our businesses and ensure they are fully prepared to represent Citi publicly
• Know Citi’s key messages and ensure our spokespeople are well versed in them
• Identify key opinion leaders for our business in the media and build/develop strong, long-term relationships with these individuals
• Respond promptly and professionally to ad-hoc inquiries from journalists
• When appropriate, arrange and manage interviews for senior management or product experts
• Proactively seek positive media coverage
• Escalate potentially sensitive matters promptly with both local management and within the PA function
• Build a social media monitoring program and content pipeline in country, with support from the regional/global team
Brand & Marketing
• Analyze that market and then build local strategies to protect and enhance the Citi brand.
• Locally deliver regional and global brand activity in a way that is consistent but locally relevant.
• Take responsibility for the correct and consistent delivery of Citi’s visual brand in the local market.
• Pro-actively seek opportunities to further demonstrate Citi’s brand values in the local market.
Manage and monitor community projects in partnership with local & regional NGOs and Citi Foundation. This includes:
• Develop and lead relationships with NGO partners including developing project proposals that maximize return on investment, supporting completion of quality applications and ensuring funded projects are delivered according to the agreed plan
• Liaise with NGO/Citi Foundation on specific issues pertaining to funded projects.
• Lead the volunteering efforts carried out in conjunction including volunteering through partnerships with Citi Foundation grantees and supporting regional Global Community Day plans and targets
Internal communications and events
• Develop and drive an in-country employee engagement and communication plan which integrates country needs with regional/global initiatives
• Edit in-house newsletters/magazines, case studies, speeches, articles, presentations, reports and other content
• Manage both internal and external Citi events
• Manage regular logs, reports, entries required periodically within the corporate communications chain
• Development Value:
• Minimum of 10 years working experience of which 7 must have been in a relevant job area.
• University degree in PR/communications/journalism
• Masters degree will be an added advantage.
• Experience working in a Banking/Financial Institution/corporate/multi-national preferable.
• Previous experience of brand planning and media buying would be advantageous.
• Extensive Media contacts and relevant experience
• Courage to challenge decisions, providing reasoned arguments for doing so;
• Ambition – for self, team and company to grow and to succeed.
• Knowledge and understanding of investment banking would be advantageous but not essential
• Understanding of the complexities of large matrix organizations – understanding of the need to engage strongly with a wide range of internal stakeholders in varied geographic locations
Skills and Competencies:
• Fluent in English (verbal and written) – strong communication skills;
• Broad experience of the varying disciplines within corporate communications – whether gained in an agency or principal;
• Strong personal presence, charisma
• Computer literacy – MS Office – intermediary level
• Basic understanding of social media
• Assertive and have courage to challenge decisions, providing reasoned arguments for doing so;
• Ambition – for self, team and company to grow and to succeed – team player, results driven
Sourcing Lead Africa, MEAP Cluster Category Sourcing Manager-14017069
Reporting to the MEAP Cluster Procurement Head, the role is responsible for the development and subsequent coordination of a professional procurement function within a number of countries in Africa where Citi operates in, working closely with key stakeholders, the wider procurement community and key suppliers to deliver best value to Citi.
The Procurement department satisfies client demand for all 3rd party products and services across Technology and Non-Technology categories, on-time and on-budget to specified standards of quality.
Citi Procurement Services (CPS) delivers a world-class procurement function to Citigroup, applying purchasing best practices. For our internal clients we are a valued partner that creates a competitive advantage for Citi by harnessing scale and optimizing the productivity of Citi’s supply chain.
Citi Procurement Services (CPS) reports in to the Enterprise Operations & Technology (EO&T) group which in turn is part of the global Citigroup O&T division.
CPS develops and implements sourcing strategies, runs strategic sourcing processes, assesses and benchmarks marketplaces, negotiates and implements improvements and further benefits, develops and implements supplier relationships, develops and implements supply chain and buying channel strategies, and manages demand and contracts including order fulfillment.
The MEAP procurement cluster is one of 3 regional buying clusters working in conjunction with a regional Centre of Excellence (COE) in Hungary to provide procurement services to all Citi businesses in EMEA. The primary focus of the cluster is to service the procurement needs of all businesses within Middle East, Pakistan & Africa and to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness by leveraging the CoE in Budapest for tactical and transactional activities.
A significant part of the role will be to ensure consistent adoption of procurement procedures, policies, standards, operating models and tools, reporting, achieving goals and objectives as well as running end-to-end sourcing projects.
The Africa VP is supported by cluster spend category sourcing managers as well as 2 designated Africa country sourcing managers working on cross-African initiatives. For the 2 Africa resources, of which one works out of the COE, the Africa VP resumes the co-ordination and organization responsibility, forming and supervising an Africa team. In addition he acts as the MEAP cluster category sourcing manager for certain designated procurement spend categories across countries in Africa and the Middle East incl. Pakistan.
• Proactively identify, plan, execute, manage and report cost reduction programmes, supplier consolidation, service delivery improvements, process efficiencies, risk mitigation and standardization across all procurement categories and Citi’s businesses in Africa, as well as within designated spend categories (TBC) across all countries of the Middle East, Pakistan and Africa (MEAP) cluster
• Take responsibility and demonstrate leadership, accountability and ownership by functionally leading two more Africa procurement staff members remotely, as well as both onsite and remote cross-functional teams including clients and stakeholders from multiple business units, functions and countries in the development and execution of annual strategic savings plans and forecasts, sourcing strategies, E-RFx/RFP/RFQ/RFI, bid analysis, supplier negotiation, sourcing recommendation and contracting/ordering processes implementation.
• Build and maintain relationships and work with key stakeholders and the corporate procurement function to drive best value from 14 African countries on a country spend level and 23 MEAP countries on a category spend level by acquiring new areas of procurement influence, ensuring consistent procurement engagement into sourcing activities, becoming a trusted advisor and business partner promoting procurements service and position within the organization
• Independently analyze business processes and available reports in order to determine opportunities for influencing and reducing costs, supply and demand of product or service, and to achieve the annually set cost savings targets, goals and objectives for both himself and the Africa procurement team
• Drive implementation of and ensure compliance with consistent procurement policies and procedures including buying channels, ethical business practices and code of conduct across all countries in scope of the role and function. Ensure regional/global programmes and strategies are supported, run and implemented whilst meeting local requirements
• Establish & manage the performance of the function utilizing key performance indicators and engendering the ethos of Client Service Excellence and Continuous Process Improvement. Support the growth of procurement services across EMEA as required, maintaining sensitivity to the geographical, political and cultural diversity that exists
• Manage and develop staff remotely in accordance with strategic /team objectives including career development and mobility, objective setting and appraisals. Ensure all reporting, MIS and self-assessments are completed within the timeframes required
• Co-ordinate all reporting requirements in Africa and within the spend categories in scope in conjunction with the Procurement Operations team. Enter and maintain key relevant data in Citi’s database and reporting systems, e.g. E-Sourcing, Procure To Pay and the Citi Approved Supplier Program. Ensure information is always up to date and accurate
• This position interacts with all levels of senior management, at both Citigroup and at suppliers
• Direct interaction with all businesses in multiple countries and regional Citi Shared Services (CSS) management
• Opportunity to develop broad understanding of all CSS and bank products and systems, business operations and technology
• Experience and exposure to key stakeholders across all businesses, necessary for more senior managerial roles
• Minimum of 10 years working experience of which 7 must have been in a relevant job area.
• Proven experience in leading strategic sourcing programs and program management, and of working on $multi-million sourcing projects using a structured and compliant approach, preferably in the financial industry
• Evidence of achieving cost reductions, goals and objectives against set challenging financial and non-financial targets within agreed timeframes
• Proven experience in managing cross-functional teams, obtaining consensus, and operating at senior level
• Track record of strategic sourcing expertise, country and/or commodity; planning and working towards forecast keeping deadlines
• Proven experience in stakeholder relationship management
• Outsourcing experience desirable
• Proven first team management and leadership experience
• Experience in working in a complex matrix organization and challenging environments
• Experienced in working in an international context
• Change management experience
• Reporting into Cluster and Regional Senior Management as well as local C level management
• Fundamental strategic procurement, expense management and sourcing execution skills
• Independent, self-dependent and pro-active working
• Self-starter & Go-getter mentality with the aim to succeed
• Fast learning and settling in
• Strong individual Leadership, priority management and structured approach
• Multi-tasking whilst working under stress, keeping oversight and progressing towards/delivering against set targets and timelines
• End-to-End Project management, strong organizational and planning skills
• Influencing others in order to achieve common objectives and meet deadlines
• Team management and development
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Highly numerate with well-developed analytical skills
• Highly Computer Literate
• International cross-functional cooperation
• Good team player, diligent, committed, reliable, honest
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly learn other computer application
• Knowledge of ERP systems and e-Procurement tools such as Oracle Procure-to-Pay, e-Auction, e-RFX, etc. is a plus
• Fluent in English, written and oral. French desirable but not a must
• A BSc/ BA degree.
• An MBA/CPA/CIPS will be an added advantage.
• Ability to interact with all levels of senior management in a highly professional and positive manner
• Excel in organizational, analytical, time management and leadership skills (both personal and team)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills with strong influencing and persuasive talents
• Self-motivated and pro-active, demonstrates ownership and accountability, has own ideas for innovation
• Takes initiative and has the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize a wide array of initiatives
• Positive forward oriented can-do attitude, sees opportunities and not hindrances
• Emotional stability in challenging and difficult situations
• Addresses and resolves conflicts as they arise and creates good working partnerships
• Takes and acts upon constructive feedback in a highly professional manner, can deal with criticism
• Thinks strategically and outside the box, trouble shooter mentality, actively highlights and manages risk
• Keeping general oversight whilst having an close eye on key relevant an important details
Office Location / Address: Citibank Nigeria Limited, 27 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Under Location ----Select Europe Middle East, Africa
Under all -----Select Nigeria