DIAGEO JOB OPPORTUNITIES, FOR CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (TEMPORARY COVER - 6 MONTHS)
FUNCTION Corporate relations
TYPE OF JOB Fixed Term Contractor (FTC)
JOB TITLE: CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (Temporary Cover - 6 Months)
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate Relations
Guinness Nigeria Plc is one of the largest beverage companies in Nigeria. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player within the Nigerian Economy. Guinness Nigeria Plc’s vision is to become the most celebrated company in Nigeria.
The Corporate Relations function is committed to support the achievement of the vision by transforming Guinness Nigeria Plc to become trusted and respected by our key stakeholders every day, everywhere. We recognise that everything we do, everything we say and everything our key stakeholders say about us define our reputation. We want to earn recognition for our amazing people, our unrivalled brand portfolio, our outstanding performance as a business, and our success as an innovator in everything that we do and for our commitment to the communities that we operate in.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This role is to help Guinness Nigeria achieve its vision by defining and driving standards of leadership in our brand and corporate reputations as well as ensuring our leaders are able to effectively engage all employees across the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor degree and post graduate qualification in PR, marketing or journalism is preferable
• Minimum 8 years experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications
• Superior writing and oral communication skills
• Proven track record of managing communication’s issues in a sensitive / controversial environment
• Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
• Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders.
• Line manager experience and a track record of leading, developing & coaching a team
• Develops, manages and implements an integrated communication strategy
• Builds Guinness Nigeria’s reputation by maintaining overview of communication needs, issues and opportunities across stakeholders within and outside Nigeria.
• Drives the creation of best practice leadership communications and engagement within Guinness Nigeria
• Contributes to the formulation of strategy for the organisation ensuring that all communication policies and programmes support the organization’s overall strategic direction
• Manages a comprehensive employee communications strategy and plan that directly supports the business strategy, vision and values and uses a range of appropriate tools that are measurable
• Responsible for the development, management and evaluation of communication initiatives in line with plan e.g. weekly newsletter, leadership communications and project communications
• Participates actively in crisis teams, ensuring communication plans are up to date
• Manages a robust and integrated employee communications forum to facilitate sharing of best practice, cross-functional working and management of timely corporate and brand communication(s)
• Ensures message consistency and adoption of communication principles through building relationships with all key functions, audiences and coaching of Guinness Leadership Team
• Leads communications for major business initiatives and events
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
• Works collaboratively across the organisation
• Builds and motivate teams to consistently deliver great performance
• Understands business strategy as well as employee needs and develops plans to deliver against both
• Works flexibly and responds with agility to unforeseen challenges / opportunities at short notice
• Leadership and Extended Leadership Teams
• Project Teams
• Brand Managers
• Other corporate communications managers within Diageo
• Events management companies
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Subscribed to our daily newsletter but not receiving emails in your inbox? Click Here